We Put Our Energy Here
We are proud to have been part of the fabric of our communities for more than 150 years. We believe that part of our corporate responsibility is to give back to our communities, and our philanthropic focus is designed to make a meaningful impact in the communities we serve.
Focus Areas of Philanthropy
Our key areas of focus are:
Grants in these categories will be considered in the Q1.
Grants in this category will be considered in the Q2.
- Education - With an emphasis in reading, math and science, this support includes public
secondary schools (K - 12); public and private colleges and universities, and technical schools.
- Environmental Stewardship - We support projects such as, clean air, conservation, and
- Organizational and Supplier Diversity - We support organizations that reflect the diversity of our workplace and the many communities we serve, and we partner with organizations that provide developmental opportunities and assistance to minority and women-owned businesses.
Grants in this category will be considered in the Q3.
- Community Enrichment - We direct our support to energy assistance programs; low-
income, senior citizen programs; minority and women leadership programs; limited arts and
culture events; and the United Way.
- Energy Assistance – We support programs which primarily help low-income households and low-income senior citizens afford their natural gas energy consumption. These programs include weatherization projects and emergency energy assistance.
All requests* for contributions should fall in one of our three focus areas: Education, Community Enrichment, or Environmental Stewardship.
- An organization must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and must include a copy of this letter with a proposal
- An organization may make a request for donation only once a year
Our official Guidelines for Contributions
*Exclusions: Contributions to religious organizations, individuals, private schools K-12, sports teams, school ads, church bulletins, etc.